Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Easy Smore's Brownies


Hello! I am in a great mood today because I am graduating in FOUR days!!! Can't believe that I've made to to the end of this amazing journey and onwards to a new chapter, but I'm glad it's happening. So of course, I have to keep the selection of sweets and baked goodies coming! This is a delicious and super easy recipe for some campfire-style brownies! These take only a bunch of ingredients to throw together and produce a tasty, decadent snack that you dont have to actually build a fire for.

I started with a boxed mix from Trader Joe's for time conservation reasons. Trader Joe's Brownie Truffle Baking Mix produces a delicious, fudgy brownies and I would definitely recommend it! [Sidenote- it might seem like am a secret Trader Joe's spokesperson, but as much as I wish I could get paid for advertising them I really just love their products and value!] I cut these up into really small bites so I had 48 brownie bites in my 9 x 13 baking pan and they went like wildfire!!

mmm, gooey

Here's what you'll need:

1 (good quality) boxed brownie mix + needed ingredients (see back of box - my mix called for two      eggs and a stick of melted butter. Or if you're feeling fancy, make your brownies from scratch!)
2 cups marshmallow fluff

1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions:


Now we will get the graham cracker crust ready. To start, melt 1/2 cup of butter in a small bowl. Place pieces of graham cracker in a ziplock bag and seal. Roll a rolling pin over the cookies, which should start to break up into small crumbs. Repeat this process until all cookies have been turned to crumbs and you have enough to fill 1 cup. Save the bigger chucks for garnish.
In another small bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and cinnamon. Pour into bowl of melted sugar and mix with a fork until it is clumpy and sticks together between your fingers. Pour mixture onto bottom of brownie pan and press down with fingers.

Make brownie mix according to box directions. Pour batter into pan over graham cracker crust. Bake according to directions. Let cool and cut into pieces.
When brownies are cool, place a dollop of marshmallow fluff onto each brownie and garnish with a piece of graham cracker.

I ate mine with ice cream!!

Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment