Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Old- Style Lasagna


Just wanted to share some pictures of Lasagna I made on Easter!! My mom probably makes the best lasagna made by a non-Italian lady this half of the hemisphere, and I've always wanted to emulate this dish. This is a cheesy, hearty, lasagna that is always gobbled up in record speed by friends and family members alike, and I'm proud to say that mine turned out pretty good!


Easters with my family are always about getting together, celebrating the family, and of course, everyone cooking and eating their specialty dishes! As I'm away form home at school, I didn't get to see my family this Easter, but this comfort food dish definitely made me feel better about that. Maybe one year I can take over the lasagna- making at a big holiday gathering. My mom uses the recipe on the Barilla box so I tried that with a few adjustments (as usual). I used Trader Joe's no-boil noodles and the Barilla no-boil noodle lasagna recipe found here. I usually like lasagna noodles with the little frills on them, but Trader Joe's version was still delicious! I also added a couple extras that I had in the fridge like sliced cherry tomatoes, a little prosciutto, and my own pasta sauce!


I must say, I am quite pleased with myself for this one. And my roommates loved it too!! 

Take Care!



No comments:

Post a Comment